7 Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC


The Economic and Financial Crimes commision (EFCC), Ilorin Zonal office has arrested seven persons on the bases of fraudulent activities on the Internet.
The first four among the suspects namely Kayode Obanewo A.K.A Samantha James, Mohammed Ademola A.K.A Catherine Smith, Yusuf Rashed A.K.A  Rebecca Moore and Apata Oluwakayode A.K.A  Hannah Cole wher arrested on the 11th of June 2019, at Mandate Estate Phase 2 behind Irewolede Area of Ilorin.

Obanewo during interrogation admitted to the crime he said "I was arrested on the 11th of June but before that day of my arrest i met a friend who introduced me to Internet fraud. He gave me a laptop which was the reason behind my arrest.

"I saw one email address on the laptop and started using it to chat with some people at night when i come back from work"

The Commisioner also arrested three other persons similar to those offences in Agric Estate amog them were ; Olorunwa Okikiola, Olorunfemi Olamide and Ogungbemi Sogo.


The items recovered from the suspects include Laptops, Phones Sim cards of differnt network providers. The suspects will soon be charged to court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog